Aug 7, 2010

a lazy Saturday afternoon

I love Saturdays. It's the start of the weekend, and my cleaning day. Laundry, mopping, dusting and vacuuming. I plugged in my oil warmer, and I have Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin oil, warming right now. I think my next purchase will be the Kitchen Spice, Autumn and maybe Vanilla Lavender oils. The best part of Saturday's is that there are usually great family friendly movies on tv. We watched Parent Trap this afternoon, but my favorite Sat. movie is You've Got Mail. I love cute movies!!



Today's Saturday is extra special, it's Peter's birthday today! Chase helped me make brownies this morning and Alaina helped with the gift wrapping. Those 2 are my little elves, always willing to help mommy.





Peter's niece is coming over in a bit, and we're going out for an early dinner date. I love date nights, I get to spend time with my best friend! Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I can almost smell those brownies! ;)

Bonnie said...

love how you wrapped the gift, so pretty! Saturdays are my favorite too. Love your post, sounds so homely and warm and inviting, just what family life should be like!

dani said...

those brownies look so yummy. Now I think I'm craving some!

Danielle said...

OMG you and I are so alike!!! I love to make brownies and my favorite movie (one of them) is "You've Got Mail" - I watched it on Friday night/early Saturday morning :D I just adore that movie!!!! My dream is to have a book store like that <3

Happy Birthday to your hubby Peter!!!

Helen said...

Hi Tara, do you have a recipe for these brownies? I would love to bake some too! helen x